There are several steps to obtaining your HVAC Contractor's License:
1) Apply with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
NOTE: The license requirements are to provide 48 months of practical experience in air conditioning and refrigeration related work under the supervision of a licensed air conditioning and refrigeration contactor in the preceding 72 months.
2) Sign up for and take a Prep Course
3) Contact PSI to schedule your License Exam
- NOTE: This is not required but it IS recommended!
- The pass rate for all first time test takers is ONLY 20%!
- Our Prep Course has been shown to increase first time pass rate to 70-85%!
- We recommend taking your exam very soon after you take the Prep Course
4) Take Exam
- You will be given a test code by the Department of Licensing when approved.
- PSI website
5) Notify the Department of Licensing of your passing score, show proof of liability insurance, and pay license fee.
- NOTE: This is an open book exam
- Required Book List