Preparing for and passing the Texas ACR Contractors Exam is a daunting task. Don't be fooled by instructors and companies claiming high pass rates. Less than 40% of ALL test takers pass the exam. Why not choose a Texas based HVAC/R trade organization with more than 40 years experience in the HVAC/R Industry? You deserve quality instruction in a timely manner, we give you all that and MORE!
Our Students Say it ALL!
"Just wanted to drop you a line for you and for any future students of yours. You said study the workbook and you will be alright. Well I did and managed to pass both the Commercial B and the Environmental B exams on the first try. Did just as you said, studied every question in the workbook and looked them up even if I thought I knew them...what I wanted to tell you is that I listened to you and am sending you this email to tell you YOU ARE 100% CORRECT in the way one needs to study and pass the test. So keep on doing what your doing. Thanks for your help." - Kevin
Learn from the LEADER!
The Air Conditioning Contractors of America-Texas (ACCA-TX) wants to help you PASS the Texas HVAC/R License Exam. Our goal is to improve the professionalism of the HVAC/R industy here in Texas. We are here to help YOU get the information you NEED to pass YOUR EXAM the first time and begin your journey as a Texas Contractor.
How can and will we do this in 2 days when others take 3 or 4 days?
The ACCA-Texas class concentrates YOUR TIME on what you need to pass the exam. Utilizing your time to your benefit is how we get you the information YOU NEED. No "war stories" side-bars, just quality instruction on how to pass the exam by using our time-tested methods and resources.
DAY ONE: (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Uniform Mechanical Code, 2006 edition, the Texas AC & Refrigeration Business Law Reference Manual, and Boiler Law.
DAY TWO (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Modern Refrigeration Book, High Pressure & low Pressure Boiler books, PipeFitters Handbook and Refrigeration Portion of Exam.
Each day students will learn tips and techniques to pass the Texas ACR Contractors Exam, including key aspects of each reference book and material. Our Study Guide is key to your success, and is a proven asset to getting your license!
Important items for your consideration:
- YES...you need all 7 books and references for the exam and class.
- We have more than 30 FREEBIES that we know are on the Exam!
- Our Study Guide is VITALE to your SUCCESS!
- We help more than 2000 Texas students each year with quality training from License Prep to TDLR Approved Continuing Education.
- ACCA-Texas has been assisting contractors in Texas for more than 40 years. We are Texas-based, helping Texas contractors.
Upcoming Class Schedule:
March 17 & 18, Austin SOLD OUT
March 24 & 25, Houston Register Online Registration Form Course Info Sheet
*class size is limited to 20 students for your learning benefit*
*classes are held 8am - 5pm each day*
Required Books for Prep Course
Download Book Order Form
*All of these books are REQUIRED to take the license exam*
**ALL BOOKS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE**
Purchase all of the books and the Prep Course TOGETHER & SAVE $50
Purchase these books in our ONLINE STORE or DOWNLOAD THE ORDER FORM
HVAC License Info
There several steps to obtaining your HVAC Contractor's License:
1) Apply with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
NOTE: You must have at least 36 months of experience in order to obtain a license
2) Sign up for and take a Prep Course
3) Contact PSI to schedule your License Exam
4) Take Exam
5) Notify the Department of Licensing of your passing score, show proof of liability insurance, and pay license fee